Tuesday 27 November 2007

Oh The Great Wall Of Insein Prison

At last I have arrived at the gate of Insein Prison,
Because I was told that my son could be here,
With the biggest hope I had in the world,
Just to see my son's face, however,
I wasn't allowed.
Oh, the Great Wall of Insein Prison !

Standing strongly cold hard and tall,
Do you realise that you are separating the mother from her son?
I beg you for I have come from a long long way,
Please could I see my dear little son?
Even if it is only for one short second.
Oh the Great Wall of Insein Prison.

Please stop ignoring me,
As if you've forgotten that I am here,
How I wish that I was someone called 'David Copperfield',
I heard he could make trains and lorries vanished,
Perhaps I can then make you disappeared.
Oh the Great Wall of Insein Prison !

How I wish that I was the Superman too
with all that super power and speed
I could just glide over you
Just for a little reassurance of seeing my son
Oh the Great Wall of Insein Prison !

I also wish that I could have help from the Lord Sakka
who would not only make sure that I see my son
but also assist all of them to escape from this notorious hell
Oh the Great Wall of Insein Prison !

In real life, I can only cry,
For I am not David Copperfield, Superman nor Lord Sakka,
I just cry and cry and cry,
For I would like to see my dear little son,
Oh the Great Wall of Insein Prison !

I have come from a long long way,
Just to have a chance to see my son's face,
And now I will have to go home, without being given any chance,
I must go now but please do remember,
I will come here again soon,
And this time, perhaps you could let me see my beloved son,
Oh the Great Wall of Insein Prison !

(The original poem was written by Daw Yay, the mother of U Gumbira, the noble monk, who led the monks protest in September and subsequently arrested on 4th November 2007. Nay Chi U, our contributor interpreted it with the best intention)

To read full story and the original poem in DVB site please click here.
To look at Google image Insien Prison click here
To read about world's notorious Insein Prison - the torture chamber click here

No comments:

 
/* EOT ----------------------------------------- */